Welcome to the 2017 New Year!


 

Greetings Chargers,

Welcome to P.E!  My name is Coach Gethings, I will be teaching K-2 P.E. this year. I am a certified Personal Trainer and EMT with numerous specialty certifications including nutrition and weight management. We will start the year by listening to the story of Slow Poke Joe and have a Socratic discussion. This story will teach students to persevere, help each other and create friendships.
This week all students will be working on the locomotor skills using various movements of walking, skipping and running.  They will also be participating in relay races and spacial awareness drills including bean bag and hula hoop activities. Next week I will build onto the skills of the first week to include more movements. These skills will provide each student the foundation for the rest of the years P.E. activities.  Hope you and your family have a great year. Go Chargers!

Best regards,
Coach Gethings

*Please be sure to have your child wear tennis shoes on P.E. days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Start of the new year!

Athletic Field Day

Start of the second quarter!